Wednesday, September 1, 2010

No Sleep Till...

I'm up much later than I wanted to be tonight. Classes start tomorrow! In less than 12 hours I'll be in class actually. I had planned on going to bed around 10 or 10:30 at the latest and here I am, a full hour later than anticipated. Not a great start to the semester. I'm placing blame for up-late blues on anticipation and excitement. And also maybe on the fact that my boyfriend is watching MacGruber very loudly in the other room. He starts the term tomorrow too, but he does not suffer from the same anxiety as I do.

My kitten, which I suppose should be called a cat since she's three years old now, is very excited for school to begin. That means I will be home more! Someone will be around to play with her during the day and keep her company. She must be very pleased indeed. I can tell because she's been extra-cuddly all night and has currently curled her purring self into the space between my arms as my hands type away.

I should try to force myself to sleep. Shut down the computer, rest my head on a pillow and so forth. If only I hadn't left my binder full of papers to read in my research lab! That would probably put me to sleep in no time at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...