Wednesday, September 1, 2010

How to be a Good Graduate Student

In preparing to start academic research I've found this website to be an invaluable resource:

http://web.archive.org/web/20030424095650/www.cs.indiana.edu/how.2b/how.2b.html

My previous research experience is limited to industry and the little research I did for my master's degree, which was more of a terminal master's anyway. In getting ready to start my PhD in engineering I've been mostly lost.

I have an adviser now? What do I do with one? How do I stay on-task when there is no set program to follow? What should I worry about? What shouldn't I worry about? This guide has helped.

I would definitely recommend the above website to anyone going into graduate school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...