Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Lunch

Occasionally, actually very frequently during the school year, I make really bad lunches for myself. Week-old bread, tuna of indeterminate age, shrived up apples, etc. These lunches are barely edible at best and I try to get through it by eating them very very quickly.

But I love food. I think food is delicious. And these lunches make me very sad.

I don't make lunches like this on purpose, most of the time it's because I haven't been to the grocery store in a few weeks and there is a limit to what the Walgreens down the block will carry. As I've said before, I try to eat healthy but sometimes school gets in the way and there simply isn't enough time to take care of myself.

In order to make these lunches more bearable I turn to the internet for consolation. Specifically, TasteSpotting and foodgawker. On these websites I can look at page after page of tasty dishes, most with recipes, and pretend that I'm eating something better. Something fresh and home-made, with a main dish AND dessert.

Usually when I do this I end up bookmarking a lot of recipes for me to come back to and make for dinner. Sometimes the pictures live up to what I think they'll taste like, sometimes they don't. Either way it's a good chance for me to expand my food horizons and to pretend that I'm eating like a queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...