Monday, September 13, 2010

Keeping up Appearences

One thing that I'm afraid of for continuing my studies is looking like the stereotypical grad student. You know, the person who becomes so caught up in their research that they forget to do things like sleep, eat properly, and exercise. In short, I don't want to look like the guy in the picture below.



To take steps against that I've set up a daily schedule for myself that's valid on my "school days" where I wake up at a set time, have breakfast, read journal articles, class/lunch/work in the lab, then dinner. So far it's working and I'm hoping I'll be able to maintain the schedule. I've been trying to keep healthy food in my apartment, limit the amount of sugar I have, and limit what I do eat. Because boy do I love food. Especially pastas and bread. Yummy. I also tend to east past when I'm full (oops).

I think that watching what I eat, getting enough sleep, and exercising (did I mention that I have a "boot camp" class twice a week?), will help me to stay in prime condition for school. It should also keep me sane, right? That's the plan at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...