Wednesday, August 31, 2011

It was bound to happen sometime

It was bound to happen sometime, I just expected it to at the beginning of my trip to China instead of at the end.  Allow me to introduce you to the food that made me sick.

We start off with a cute little plate of bamboo and...pigeon.  Yes, one of the sky rats.  Which by the way, I have yet to see in China.  There are no visible pigeons, squirrels, chipmunks, crows, seagulls, bunnies, etc.  There are sparrows.  Everything else was turned into food if it ever existed here.

Bamboo on the left, Pigeon on the right

Why yes, that is the pigeon's head.

(Okay, so Wikipedia says that squirrels are just in the Americas, Africa, Eurasia. I'm sure I would be eating squirrel if they were in China.)

Next up was fish, and is why I think I am sick today.

"I dare you to eat me" says this fish.

Fish bodies, no head


I couldn't eat the fish bodies.  I took a couple tiny bites of the tail then abandoned it.  Not my style of food at all, plus it was gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...