Thursday, October 21, 2010

Promoted!

This past Tuesday I was officially promoted! What that means is that I was (finally) given my Research Assistant (RA) paperwork...tax forms, direct deposit forms, benefits info, etc. Exciting!

Working in the lab

What does that mean for me other than the fact that I get paid and get things like health insurance? Basically nothing. I'm doing what I was doing before. This is actually two months late in getting set up which is a tad frustrating and disappointing. Frustrating because I would have gotten paid for all I've done and disappointing because this is a joint venture between a university and my company. The university says it would like to do more with industry but then when a company steps up and says they want to corroborate the university does a poor job at getting everything together. My company approached the university in April about this corroboration, I started in late August, and all the paperwork was just completed this week. For a school that wants to increase their presence in Milwaukee for engineering this slow-to-act approach is not ideal. Disappointing, yes.

In any event, I've felt much more official working in the lab this week! The fact that I'm getting paid now is also quite motivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...