Tuesday, November 23, 2010

In Class Experiments

One of the classes I am taking this term is called Pollutant Dispersion Processes.  It's the class I like the least of my two, mostly because the few assignments I've had involved MATLAB.  I'm still not very good at MATLAB but I am better than when the class first started.

Anyway, back in October we got to do a fun little in class experiment that involved trekking over to the Milwaukee River and releasing some (EPA approved I believe) red dye.  The main goal was to measure the amount of "pollutant" that passed through the center of the river.

Since I wasn't one of the people do got to don waders for the occasion, I stood on the river bank and recorded this little example of what went on:



I like this type of class activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...