Thursday, June 16, 2011

On Desserts

Kopp's Cookies N' Cream
The boyfriend and I are on new diets where we eat little to no dairy.  This makes me sad for two reasons.  One, I like cheese.  Two, I love custard.  Here in Wisconsin there seems to be a never-ending supply of places where one can eat custard.  I had never had custard growing up on the other side of the St. Croix/Mississippi River but was quickly initiated once I started college.  Sure there is Culver's but it's Culver's - come on.

Custard stands like Kopp's, Leon's, and Oscar's are delicious and feature typical flavors plus flavors of the day.  The nice thing about my custard haunts, as my boyfriend so kindly phrased it, is that sometimes their flavors suck  And when the flavor of the day is something you don't like then you don't go there!

Ice cream stores (like Cold Stone) don't seem to have a flavor of the day.  I could get Germanchökolätekäke every day of the week if I so desired.


Flavors of the day however, build anticipation.  Like the very anticipation I've feel all week waiting for this cookies 'n cream custard from Kopps.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...